Access to the participant’s data and samples is tightly controlled as follows:
Medical records and research study records
- Only specified research staff within the clinic can access the participant’s medical records (with his/her consent) and the research study records in the clinic.
Pseudonymised Data in GMI database
- The GMI database will be held in a secure place with highly controlled access.
- This database cannot be accessed by the general public.
- GMI may approve and grant controlled data access to third-parties including academic research groups, pharmaceutical/biotechnology research group and for-profit companies. Third parties will conduct health-related research to increase the chance of important discoveries. This may include users outside of the European Union.
- Approved data users must agree to and maintain the strict confidentiality conditions required when working with this data.
- Approved users will not receive a copy of the participant’s data. GMI will only grant access to view and analyse the data held within the GMI database.
- GMI does not provide access to our data unless we have a written collaboration agreement or are obliged by applicable law.
- GMI may provide a small amount of sample to third-party service providers to generate the data required as part of this research study.
- GMI does not otherwise provide access to a participant’s biological materials to any third-parties.
The following groups may also be given access to any data, records and samples to monitor, confirm and maintain the security of the research study: (1) the Ethics Committee and Regulatory Authorities (2) consultants working on behalf of GMI who may need to access these records to monitor and confirm the conduct of the study and the security of the database and (3) any party to whom we are under a duty to disclose any data in order to comply with a legal obligation.